Maybe because we don't really like broccoli?
We tolerate broccoli in dishes, but we don't enjoy it. The best way for me to tolerate cauliflower is roasted, so I figured, let's give it a try.
And I'm so glad we did!
I found a recipe here which roasts cut broccoli with minced garlic, but the garlic falls right off when baking it. Here's what we did instead:
1. Wash broccoli, cut off florets and slice them in halves or thirds depending on size.
2. Drizzle grapeseed, olive, coconut or oil of choice over them and toss them.
3. Spread on a baking sheet, cut side down when possible (they get a nice brown that way).
4. Sprinkle heavily with salt and then garlic powder, then lightly with onion powder and pepper.
5. Bake at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes or until stalks are tender. Stirring them once at the 10 minute mark is a good idea and keep an eye on them because your oven may cook faster or the florets may be chopped smaller, etc.
6. Serve immediately (well, as soon as they are cool enough you won't burn your mouth!)